Director, Creative Direction & UX
Marni Hotchkiss, CUA, CPACC
Marni brings over 20 years’ experience in user experience research and web and graphic design, creative direction, digital marketing, and front-end web development. She combines strategic thinking with creative problem solving and usability best practices to develop innovative, impactful and easy-to-use digital and print solutions aligned with her clients’ organizational missions and goals. Marni’s success is driven by her constant curiosity and seeking to apply what she learns to better serve and support her clients.
In her role at Kaptivate, Marni provides creative direction, UX and branding guidance to the entire enterprise. She defines standards and SOPs for relevant methodologies including: content development, deployment, and analysis; creative briefs; Section 508 and accessibility; graphic/visual design; brand development; persona development; infographics; and web design and development.
As a Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC), Certified Department of Homeland Security Trusted Tester, and Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) Marni leads accessibility and user experience across the organization. With strong expertise in web/graphic design, creative direction, digital marketing, and 508 compliance, Marni combines strategic thinking with creative problem solving, and end user empathy to develop innovative, impactful and easy-to-use digital and print solutions aligned with her clients’ organizational missions and goals. She is results-oriented, stays on top of the latest trends, and takes a hands-on, mentoring management approach to help staff meet project objectives.
Marni's empathy is also expressed by her experience as a "foster-failure", raising 4 rescue dogs and a teenage son.
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, University of Colorado
- Web Design Program, University of Colorado
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA 2005-606), Human Factors International
- Web Design for Usability Certification, Accessibility Certification, Interactive Design Foundation
- Section 508 Standards for Web Certification, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Visual Design Program Manager, Evercommerce
- Principal, ConceptRethink
- Creative Director, Truist