Program & Content Manager
Fil Baloca has 20 years experience in marketing, communications, content development, editing, project and database management, media research, and event production in nonprofit, government, and commercial environments.
In his role at Kaptivate, Fil supports community outreach and communications initiatives for GSA's Open Innovation team. He contributes to the Department of Education's work-based learning open innovation challenge (Career Z Challenge) and provides content development for Kaptivate and small business projects.
Previously, he oversaw Kaptivate-awarded regional zones for the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) managed by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), earning recognition for strategic communication, training, and innovative event series that secured the National Marketing Innovation Award in 2020. Earlier roles involved event management, fundraising, nonprofit grant oversight, and corporate innovation through data analysis, culminating in a patented work process and a web-based solution which reduced processing time.
In his spare time, Fil can be found in the vegetable garden, spending time with family and friends, making music playlists, and tending to a small flock of chickens.
- Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences, Double Minor in Nonprofit Management and Human Rights, University of Washington
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace Certification, University of South Florida
- CFC Marketing & Outreach Director, Kaptivate
- CFC Zone Manager/Communications, Consultant
- CFC Zone Director, Community Health Charities
- Development Coordinator for Fundraising & Events, Seattle Humane